The rehabilitation robotics team of the nBio group is led by Nicolas Garcia-Aracil and our expertise is on:
– Research and development of Rehabilitation Robotic devices
– Multimodal Interfaces for Rehabilitation Robotics
– Kinematic and dynamic analysis of human motor control
– Adaptative robot-assisted rehabilitation therapies
Feb 2015 – Feb 2018 AIDE-Adaptive Multimodal Interfaces to Assist Disabled People in Daily Activities. Role: Coordinator. Budget: 3.409.432 €. Funding agency: European Union (HORIZON 2020) Grant Agreement number: 645322
Sep 2013 – Sep 2016 HELPER-Advanced systems of assistance for early delivery of neurorehabilitation therapies. Role: Main Researcher. Funding agency: CDTI (Centre for Industrial Technological Development)- Ministry of Economy and Competitiveness.
Jan. 2012 – Dec. 2014: Interpretation of the human intention and performance through biomedical signals and analysis of kinematic and dynamic motion. Role: Principal Researcher. Funding agency: Ministry of Economy and Competitiveness (Spain).
Oct. 2010 – Jun. 2012: Multimodal interfaces to improve therApeutic outcomes in robot-Assisted rehabiliTation (MAAT). Role: Main Researcher. Funding agency: European Union (Framework Programme 7) project ECHORD (European clearing house for open robotics development)
JCR RECENT PUBLICATIONS ON REHABILITATION ROBOTICS (from 2011)
- Upper-limb kinematic reconstruction during stroke robot-aided therapy, E. Papaleo, L. Zollo, N. Garcia-Aracil, F. J. Badesa, R. Morales, S. Mazzoleni, S. Sterzi, E. Guglielmelli, Medical & Biological Engineering & Computing, April, 2015 (online)
- Patient-Tailored Assistance: A New Concept of Assistive Robotic Device That Adapts to Individual Users, Morales, R.; Badesa, F.J.; Garcia-Aracil, N.; Perez-Vidal, C.; Sabater, J.M.; Papaleo, E.; Salerno, A.; Zollo, L.; Guglielmelli, E., Robotics & Automation Magazine, IEEE , vol.21, no.3, pp.123,133, Sept. 2014
- Dynamic Adaptive System for Robot-Assisted Motion Rehabilitation, Badesa, F.J.; Morales, R.; Garcia-Aracil, N.M.; Sabater, J.M.; Zollo, L.; Papaleo, E.; Guglielmelli, E., Systems Journal, IEEE , (Available online)
- “New methods of human–robot interaction in medical practice“, Nicolas Garcia-Aracil, Loredana Zollo, Alicia Casals, Jose Maria Sabater-Navarro, Computer Methods and Programs in Biomedicine, Volume 116, Issue 2, September 2014, Pages 49-51, ISSN 0169-2607
- “Auto-adaptive robot-aided therapy using machine learning techniques”, Francisco J. Badesa, Ricardo Morales, Nicolas Garcia-Aracil, J.M. Sabater, Alicia Casals, Loredana Zollo, Computer Methods and Programs in Biomedicine, Volume 116, Issue 2, September 2014, Pages 123-130, ISSN 0169-2607
- “Pneumatic planar rehabilitation robot for post-stroke patients ” Franciso J. Badesa, Ana Llinares, Ricardo Morales, Nicolas Garcia-Aracil, Jose M. Sabater, Carlos Perez-Vidal, Biomedical Engineering: Applications, Basis and Communications, Volume 26, Issue 2, April 2014, Pages 1450025-1-8, ISSN 1016-2372
- “Robotic assessment of the influence of age on upper-limb sensorimotor function”, A LLinares, FJ Badesa, R Morales, N Garcia-Aracil, JM Sabater, E Fernandez, Clinical interventions in aging 8, 879-888 (2013)
- “Multimodal interfaces to improve therapeutic outcomes in robot-assisted rehabilitation” Badesa, Francisco; Morales, Ricardo; Garcia-Aracil, Nicolas; Sabater, Jose M.; Perez-Vidal, Carlos; Fernandez, Eduardo, IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics–Part C Volume 42, Issue 6, 1152-1158 (2012)
- “Pneumatic robotic systems for upper limb rehabilitation” Ricardo Morales, Francisco Javier Badesa, Nicolás García-Aracil, José María Sabater, Carlos Pérez-Vidal, Medical and Biological Engineering and Computing, Vol. 49, Nr. 10 (2011) , p. 1145-1156.
- “Trends in rehabilitation robotics”, Nicolas Garcia, Jose M Sabater-Navarro, E Gugliemeli, A Casals, Medical and Biological Engineering and Computing, Vol. 49, Nr. 10, p. 1089-1091 (2011)